Duration: A leisurely 8 Hours (approximately)
Location: Auckland to Auckland
Product code: AKLHOBAKL
This hugely popular private tour provides private transport to and from the Hobbiton Movie Set at a time convenient to you and with flexibility to suit your interests.
On the way to “Middle-Earth” in Matamata, we drive through stunning New Zealand countryside. The route takes us through a string of small, historic river towns and offers beautiful views of the beautiful farming region of the Waikato, named after the longest river… the Waikato River.
Our destination is Matamata, commonly referred to as Hobbiton since its inception as a major filming location for Peter Jackson’s world-famous “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit” trilogies. It lies in an idyllic landscape with an active sheep farm and angus cows on 1250 acres Alexander family farmland and breathtaking views towards the Kaimai Ranges in the east and the Mamaku ranges further down towards Rotorua.
On arrival at the famous Hobbiton Movie Set, you will go on a 2 hour tour. This will give you an insight into how these movies were made and which parts of the movies were filmed here. You may see Pickles the resident cat, bump into “good old” Don (who used to coach the Alexander boys in rugby) serving at the Green Dragon Inn.
Then return to Auckland after a great private tour where you have been able to see one of New Zealand’s famous and most visited “manmade” attractions.
Helicopter flight from Auckland to Hobbiton, instead of the drive down, with stunning aerial views along the way – driver meets you all at Hobbiton to start your private tour, quick tour down to Rotorua then back to Auckland (minimum 2pax, maximum 6pax). Please enquire for any other addon activities, ongoing tours or accommodation recommendations while you’re travelling around New Zealand) – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s Included on the Tour:
- Professionally guided private small group return tour from Auckland (taking anywhere from 2 to 13 passengers)
- No multiple Hotel pick ups and drop offs (just your own private group)
- Entry Ticket and fully guided tour of Hobbiton Movie Set
- Free beverage at the famous Green Dragon Inn
- Shire’s Rest restrooms, coffee break, souvenir shop browsing, photos
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving there and/or back
- On screen entertainment during the drive (great for the kids if restless)
- Multiple stops to either use restrooms, purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- USB charging ports available in vehicle – bring your own charging wire
- Transport in modern and comfortable high-end private tour vehicles
What’s NOT included:
- No WiFi onboard if looking for a totally unplugged tour
- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Meals (feel free to bring your own or purchase at our activities or stops on the way)
- Infant or Child carseats – one off fee of $20 per carseat (no matter how long you need it)
Age Information: Adult tickets start from 14 years and over. Most activities for the younger children are free but need to be ticketed for safety reasons while everyone is accounted for within an activity provider’s premises.
Booking or Transaction fees: Any online payments unfortunately attract transaction fees but are included in the pricing. Payments can also be made by Bank Transfer (ASB Bank).
Cancellation or Rebooking Policy: If for whatever reason after your booking has been confirmed you cancel:
– More than 30 days, we can offer a 100% refund, less a $50 admin fee.
– From 7 to 30 days a 95% refund.
– 6 to 4 days we can only offer an 80% refund (especially in our peak season).
– Less than 72 hours, any refund would be at our discretion depending on the tourist attraction’s cancellation policy.
At times, we can rebook you later that day or the next day depending on availability which could avoid any cancellation fees.