Duration: 2 Action Packed Days
Location: Auckland or from Rotorua
Product code: AKLROT2DAY
LAKE • LAND • AIR
Ideal for those short of time but keen to get in on the action, sightseeing and immersed in history and culture… all rolled into two days!
ROTORUA & TAUPO: There is so much to see and do in Rotorua and neighbouring areas. From crystal-clear streams and magical forests, to epic biking trails and thermal mud pools, Rotorua has it all. The city offers attractions and experiences for everyone from adventure-seekers to those just looking to unwind.
Sitting within the Pacific Rim of Fire, Rotorua is a geothermal wonderland with bubbling mud pools, clouds of steam, and natural hot springs perfect for bathing and relaxing in. Marvelling at the distinctive landscapes, volcanic activity and geothermal parks.
Taupo, a town near the centre of New Zealand’s North Island, is distinguished by its lakefront setting and outdoor sports ranging from fishing to jet-boating. The vast waters of Lake Taupo, a volcanic caldera, draining into the Huka Falls. Surrounding Taupo are hot springs, thermal activity and the mighty Waikato River.
Whakarewarewa Maori Village and Culture Show: Experience the unique Māori culture and heritage of the village. The Living Māori Village is owned and operated by local residents, providing an intimate look into day-to-day life in a Living Māori Village. Geyser, mudpools, steaming vents, thermal pools, culture show, guided tour. How about a Hangi Meal (extra, please enquire to add onto your tour).
Duration: Approx. 2 hours
Adults: $45, Child: $20
Orakei-Korako Thermal Park, Cave and Boatride: An absolute hidden gem. Wander through the Hidden Valley and visit the thermal Ruatapu Cave which extends more than 36m down into volcanic tuff to the ‘Waiwhakaata’ or ‘Pool of Mirrors’ hot pool at the bottom. As we drive down the Thermal Highway, you will experience so much thermal activity and beautiful landscapes along the way.
Duration: Approx. 1.5 hours
Adults: $40, Child: $15
Huka Falls Jet: The only jet boat company permitted to take you to the base of the mighty Huka Falls.
This half hour of thrills, fun and excitement takes you along a beautiful river environment, lined with native bush, sheer rock cliff face and hot water streams. Hold on tight as you’ll be travelling in one of our state of the art jet boats at an incredible 80km an hour! Along the way our trademark 360 degree spins will leave you with a beaming smile and a heart pumping with adrenaline. And that’s even before reaching the spectacular Huka Falls! From your unique vantage point on the jet boat you will have the best water level view of Huka Falls – New Zealand’s most visited natural attraction.
Duration: Approx. 30 minutes
Adults: $140, Child: $95 (minimum height: 1 metre tall)
White Island/Mt Tarawera Helicopter Flight & Landing: Experience the thrill of combining our two signature helicopter tours landing on and exploring two of New Zealand’s most iconic volcanos “Mount Tarawera and White Island”. The contrast between the two couldn’t be more amazing, from the sights, sounds and smells of the active crater floor at “White Island” to the heights of Mount Tarawera‘s majestic summit. Once site of the largest eruption in New Zealand’s living memory, summit views include cavernous craters and a spectacular surrounding landscape of pristine lakes, massive forests and acclaimed national parks.
Duration: Approx. 3.5 hours
(Flight operates with a minimum of 2 adult fares. Children 5-11 years pay a child fare, which is 75% of the adult fare). Adult: $1195, Child: $896
What’s Included on the Tour:
- Entry tickets to Whakarewarewa Maori Village, Orakei Korako Thermal Park, Cave & Boatride, Huka Jet and White Island/Mt Tarawera helicopter tour and volcanic landing
- Professionally guided private small group return tour from Auckland or Rotorua (taking anywhere from 2 to 18 passengers)
- Sightseeing also includes commentary from Auckland to Rotorua, Lake Taupo, Lake Rotorua, Thermal Explorer Highway
- No multiple Hotel pick ups and drop offs (just your own private group)
- Refreshments and snacks whilst driving there and/or back
- On screen entertainment during the drive (great for the kids if restless and depending which vehicle and group size)
- Multiple stops to either use restrooms, have lunch or purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- USB charging ports available in vehicle – bring your own charging wire
- Transport in a modern and comfortable private touring vehicle
- Tour Guide accommodation included and meal allowance
What’s NOT included:
- Accommodation: There are a few options we would love to show you and ensure you would be happy to stay. Contact us on: email@example.com to organise for you if preferred and ensure it suits your itinerary
- No WiFi onboard if looking for a totally unplugged tour
- Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Meals (feel free to bring your own or purchase at our activities or stops on the way)
- Child carseats – one off fee of $20 per carseat (no matter how long you need it)
Age Information: Due to the nature of these activities, is highly recommend for children 5 years and over. Huka Jet has a height restriction of 1 metre tall. If a Child entry is free the child will still need to be ticketed for safety reasons while everyone is accounted for within an activity provider’s premises.
Booking or Transaction fees: Any online payments unfortunately attract transaction fees but are included in the pricing. Payments can also be made by Bank Transfer (ASB Bank).
Cancellation or Rebooking Policy: If for whatever reason after your booking has been confirmed you cancel:
– More than 30 days, we can offer a 100% refund, less a $50 admin fee.
– From 7 to 30 days a 95% refund.
– 6 to 4 days we can only offer an 80% refund (especially in our peak season).
– Less than 72 hours, any refund would be at our discretion depending on the tourist attraction’s cancellation policy.
At times, we can rebook you later that day or the next day depending on availability which could avoid any cancellation fees.